Minnie Mouse debuted with Mickey in Steamboat Willie (1928).
- Minnie inspired the first Disney song, "Minnie's Yoo Hoo."
- Although Minnie sometimes plays the damsel in distress, she is a strong, independent mouse.
Books featuring Minnie Mouse: Mickey and Minnie's Gift of the Magi and The Magic Grinder
Pluto debuted in 1930 in The Chain Gang.
- Eager to please
- Pluto starred in Lend a Paw, which won an Oscar for
Best Cartoon in 1941.
- Pluto was Mickey's faithful companion for nearly 100 films.
Book featuring Pluto: Pluto the Detective
Goofy debuted in 1932 in Mickey's Revue.
- Goofy's character was inspired by the gaffaw (laugh) of a former circus clown, Vance "Pinto" Colvig.
- Goofy appeared in a series of "how to" films that were hilarious because they showed exactly how NOT to do something.
Books featuring Goofy: A White Christmas, Fool’s Gold, Goofy and the Enchanted Castle, Goofy and the Magic Fish, Goofy and the Pirate Treasure, Sir Goofy and the Dragon, Race Around the World
Daisy Duck debuted in 1937 in Don Duck.
- Daisy was named Donna in her first film.
- Daisy had her own comic book series called Daisy Duck's Diary in 1954.
Book featuring Daisy Duck: DuckTales: Christmas at the North Pole