- Dr. Seuss & His Friends: The classic stories from Dr. Seuss and his friends, including P.D. Eastman, Richard Scarry, Stan and Jan Berenstain, Marc Brown, and more.
- The Cat in the Hat’s Learning Library: Based on the hit PBS series, The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That!™, this book series brings learning about science and the environment to a whole new level of fun for kids of any age.
three different reading levels built in:
In addition to helping your child reap the cognitive benefits of early reading—improved memory, sharper concentration, and a more robust vocabulary, to name a few—the Dr. Seuss Book Clubs also provide rewards that are measured in giggles and smiles. Each of the four clubs is designed to help you recapture your childhood, create a soothing and relaxing routine, and foster imagination and creativity—all while building a high-quality home library that can be enjoyed for generations to come.
Create Your Own Zany Days
Remember laughing out loud at Uncle Ubb’s underwear, checking your sink for a Nink, or imagining what it would be like to ride in a Zumble-Zay? Take a walk down memory lane and revisit the whimsical rhymes and magical illustrations found in the Dr. Seuss Classics. Embrace the carefree, lighthearted times of childhood with these fun activities, inspired by the legend himself:
- Have a “Wacky Wednesday,” complete with pizza and hot dogs
- Transform a tricycle into a Zike-Bike (if you like).
- Serve green eggs and ham for dinner.
- Team up with flashlights and search for “Nupboards” in the cupboards.
- Play rhyming games while traveling, or take turns making up zany tongue twisters.
- Encourage motor skill development by drawing favorite characters or crafting them in clay, or use building toys to design wacky creations.
Reading as a Bonding Activity
Reading together is a wonderful way for your family to take a breather from the everyday hustle and bustle and re-connect. Snuggling up close to enjoy the story, your children will be captivated by the fanciful images and verses of the Dr. Seuss Classics.
Encourage children to “get in on the action” and take turns reading with Mom and Dad, sparking their imaginations and building their confidence. With storylines that infuse drama and inflection, it’s great fun for the whole family to act out their favorite scenes.
Reading together is also a great way to establish routines. In addition to bedtime, you can share stories during after-dinner cleanup, bath time, or while preparing meals. Set aside a specific time each day for family reading.
Benefits of Joining One of the Clubs
With any of the four Dr. Seuss Book Clubs, you’ll receive books that are hand-selected by today’s educational experts and tailored to your child’s age range and interests. Our book-club editions are perfect for your child’s at-home library, with hard, durable covers and uniform spine sizes that are easy for little hands to grasp.
Better than any electronic toy or DVD, the Dr. Seuss book club selections don’t require batteries, aren’t breakable, and won’t become obsolete. Best of all, they’ll form memories that will accompany your little one from childhood to parenthood and beyond.
Click here for 10 Dr. Seuss Quotes Everyone Should Know