In honor of Read Across America and Dr. Seuss’s Birthday (March 2nd), here are 7 fun ways to celebrate reading with your kids. Some are tasty (using pureed broccoli to make green eggs)… several are fashion statements (showing off your favorite colors, stripes, and socks to honor Dr. Seuss’s characters)… all of them are fun and silly. (It’s for Dr. Seuss? Would you expect anything less?)
1. Yikes Stripes! Wear something striped, like
the Cat in the Hat or On Beyond Zebra.
3. Socks, Socks, Socks! Roll up your pants and show off your socks in honor of Fox in Socks.
5. Wacky Wednesday Swimming flippers and a snow parka? It’s a perfectly acceptable outfit when celebrating Wacky Wednesday with Dr. Seuss.
7. Make a Truffula Tree Celebrate Dr. Seuss’s classic The Lorax by making your own Truffula Trees. Click for directions.
2. Favorite Color Day In honor of Dr. Seuss’s book My Many Colored Days, wear your favorite color.
4. Red and White Day Wear the Cat in the Hat’s
favorite colors in honor of Dr. Seuss’s birthday.
6. Try Green Eggs and Ham Add pureed broccoli to make scrambled eggs green. You’ll be giving your kids a hidden vitamin boost!
Click here for 10 Dr. Seuss Quotes Everyone Should Know
Photo Credits: 1. Yikes Stripes! and 2. Favorite Color Day: © iStockphoto.com/Shawn Gearhart; 3. Socks, Socks, Socks!: © iStockphoto.com/Monia33;
4. Red and White Day: © iStockphoto.com/Igor Negovelov; 5. Wacky Wednesday: © iStockphoto.com/Sarah Salmela; 6. Try Green Eggs and Ham:
© iStockphoto.com/Diana Lundin.