Last Updated: April 1, 2022
- WHO WE ARE
- WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
- CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS’ PRIVACY RIGHTS
- NEVADA RESIDENTS’ PRIVACY RIGHTS
- THIRD-PARTY LINKS
- HOW WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
- RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- INTERNATIONAL USERS
- CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
- NO RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES
- CONTACT US
1. WHO WE ARE
Sandviks is a US-based company that provides subscription-based content and book series as well as supplemental education materials and mobile Apps for various content driven instruction.
2. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Information you provide to us. You may provide personal information to us when you sign up for an account to access and use the Services, when you consult with customer support or send us an email or communicate with us in any way (for example, to make a support request) or make a purchase. The personal information we collect may include: your contact information (such as your name, address, telephone number and email address) and contact preferences; account information (such as your username and password); and if you make a purchase, payment details (card information, alternative payment method information, invoices, order information and transaction history). If you ever communicate directly with us, we may maintain a record of those communications and responses.
- Information from Third Party Sellers. We will receive contact information about you and your transaction if you purchase our products or Services through a Third Party Seller.
- Location Information. We may collect information about your location which may include your precise location. We may collect this using different types of technologies, including GPS and Wi-Fi. We also collect IP addresses and device identifiers that may provide location information.
- Information We Collect Automatically Through Cookies and Similar Technologies. We use tracking tools like browser cookies and web beacons to automatically collect information about how you interact with our Sites and Services and other websites over time and across devices. We may also have third parties collect information this way. For more information on cookies and similar tracking technology and how they are used and how you can opt out of such use please refer to our Cookie Notice.
- Information Imported from Social Networks. When you choose to interact with us through social media your interactions with the social media platforms (“Social Networks”) typically allows the Social Networks to collect information such as “Likes”, profile information gathered from the Social Networks, or the fact that you viewed or interacted with our Services. Social Networks may collect information about you through digital cookies they place on your device and other tracking mechanisms even when you are not directly interacting with their applications. Please review the Social Networks’ privacy policies and choices for sharing information of any Social Network connected to our Services.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we collect or receive (alone or in combination):
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you products you have ordered, to respond to any inquiry, job application, feedback, or information and materials regarding our products and services.
- to send administrative information to you, for example, invoices, renewal notices, information regarding our Services or Sites, and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- to send you marketing communications, including via email and SMS in compliance with applicable laws and in accordance with your preferences, that we believe may be of interest to you.
- to personalize your experience on our Sites by presenting products, content and offers tailored to you and your interests.
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Sites and products and Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
- for other reasons that we may describe to you at the time of collection.
4. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients and for the following reasons:
- Service providers. In order to provide our Services to you, it is necessary for us to disclose your information to contracted third parties and service provider partners who perform certain functions of our Services on our behalf. Examples include cloud hosting providers (to provide data storage and processing services); communications providers (to process new queries and to manage our emails); third party fulfillment providers (to send you products or provide access to our Services).
- Marketing Partners. We selectively share our postal mailing address list and email list with third party marketing partners so that they may provide you with information about product or service offerings which may be of interest to you. See Section 5 for how to opt out of our sharing of your information for these purposes.
- Targeted Advertising. We will share your information collected about your visits over time and across our Services and multiple devices and other websites in order to serve targeted advertising to you. For more information on targeted advertising and how to manage your preferences please refer to our Cookie Notice
- Compliance with laws. We may disclose information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Consent. We may share your information with any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
5. YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
- Access to Information. You can access, correct, update, delete, and deactivate personal information you have provided to us by emailing us at MyPrivacy@sandviks.com, calling customer service at 800-353-3140 or writing to us at Sandviks, 4 Mountainview Ter., Danbury, CT 06810.
- Opting-Out of Marketing Emails. You can opt out of receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the email, by emailing MyPrivacy@sandviks.com or writing to us at Sandviks, 4 Mountainview Ter., Danbury, CT 068If you choose to no longer receive marketing information, we may still communicate with you regarding such things as security updates, product functionality, responses to service requests, or other transactional, non-marketing purposes.
- Opting Out of Postal Direct Mail Marketing. If you want to opt out of receiving paper marketing communications via postal mail email us at MyPrivacy@sandviks.com and provide us the exact name and address as it appears on the mailing label so we can identify you correctly.
- Turning Off Tracking Technologies. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a persistent or session cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off such cookies through your browser settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. It is important to remember that many of our Services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. Please refer to our Cookie Notice for more information .
- Browser “Do Not Track” Signals. Some third-party browsers provide “do not track” machine readable signals for websites, which are automatically applied by default. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our Sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
- Interest Based Ads. Please refer to our Cookie Notice for opt out information.
- Push Notifications. If you use our Apps we may ask if you want to receive push notifications so that we can send you updates, communications, and other messages about the Services. To opt out of getting these push notifications or other messages, you must turn off the push notification function within your device settings.
- Control Tools on Your Mobile Devices. There may be controls on your mobile devices such as the ability to turn off GPS locator and other privacy settings.
- Consent. If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then depending on the jurisdiction where you reside and applicable law you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- Timing and Third Parties. We will endeavor to comply with your request for changes as soon as reasonably possible. Unless required by law, we are not responsible for informing third parties with whom we have already shared your information of any changes requested pursuant to this section, or for removing information from or causing information to be removed from the databases or records of such entities.
6. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS’ PRIVACY RIGHTS
Individuals who are residents of California and have provided their personal information to us may request information regarding our disclosures, if any, of their personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us at CaliforniaPrivacyRequest@Sandviks.com or in writing at:
4 Mountainview Ter.
Danbury, CT 06810
Attn: Legal Department
California privacy rights requests must include the reference “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of the message and must include the email address or mailing address, as applicable, for us to send our response. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve the right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the address specified above.
7. NEVADA RESIDENTS’ PRIVACY RIGHTS
A Notice to Nevada Residents : Under Nevada law, if you are a resident of Nevada, you may apply limits to the sale of certain personal information to third parties for resale or licensing purposes, subject to applicable law. You are entitled to register your preference for limits on such sales in the future by sending an email to NevadaPrivacyRequest@sandviks.com, with the subject line, “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” along with your first and last name, zip code, and whether you are a former or current member of any of our Services so that we can match your information to your account.
8. THIRD-PARTY LINKS
9. HOW WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
We have implemented appropriate physical, technical and administrative safeguards against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure of personal information in our custody and control. However, no data transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so you should take care in deciding what information you send us in this way.
10. RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements, to maintain records of fraud, to enforce our agreements or comply with our legal obligations), or in accordance with our standard business practices.
11. INTERNATIONAL USERS
The Sites, Apps and Services are provided and hosted in the United States. If you are using the Sites or Services from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information, in the United States and other locations. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country. By using the Sites, Apps or Services, you consent to the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your personal information.
12. CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
The Sites and Services are intended for a general audience and is not directed or intended for anyone under 18 years of age. You must be 18 years of age or the age of majority in the jurisdiction which you reside to use the Sites or Services. Any information we receive from people we believe to be under this age will be purged from our database. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18 or have any reasonable grounds to believe that children under the age of 18 are accessing or using our Sites or Services. Our Apps are designed to be used by children but all accounts must be registered by the parent or legal guardian of any child using our Apps.
15. NO RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES
16. CONTACT US
When contacting us, please include your full name, address, phone number, and email address, and indicate the specific nature of your request or inquiry.